I saw my first American Dipper while at the Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, North America's only songbird that can swim!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
(Bewick's on the Left, Carolina on the Right)
5. Learned that Mourning Doves shed a lot of feathers when they EXPLODE! (see image at the top)
6. There's no pain quite like a Cardinal biting your cuticles(Don't ever get too close to that beak!)
7. A lot of people in Texas have never seen a Painted Bunting, or if they have they think it's an escaped pet! They are all over the place, you just have to look!
8. It is OK to only check email 3 times a week
9. Learned how to do the Texan "two-step"
10. Learned so much about extracting and aging techniques for all birds!