Friday, May 9, 2008

welcome

Hi and welcome to my new birdy blog! I hope to use this space to provide updates on bird outings, share some artwork and photos, and other related news. Spring migration is currently in full force here in Madison, WI and the summer season of banding at Biocore Prairie is just beginning. The above photo is where I've done some undergraduate research and also where we mist net loads of Song Sparrows, Red-winged Blackbirds, some other feathered creatures, and sometimes even giant dragonflies or bumblebees.


In addition to viewing and banding birds, I have been doing a bit of my own birdy art in my free time. To sample this collection, here is an Osprey I drew (using adobe photoshop and a tablet pen)

Thanks for reading and I hope you stay tuned for more to come !

No comments: